Thursday, April 30, 2015

Texts from Last Night

1) This is a record of the texts I received from a group text I joined last fall during the Ferguson protests, and texts sent between [me] and my [roommate]s.
2) I attended the protest with [roommateC] while [roommateB], who wasn't subscribed to the Ferguson group text, left to meet the protests earlier and attended separately.



3:34pm - SNurse: NYC Rise Up and #ShutItDown for Baltimore! Today 6PM meet at Union Square. #JusticeForFreddieGray - Millions March Nyc url.ie/yzib

7:35pm - Homegnome: One group heading north from from the park on Broadway from 17th

7:39pm - Homegnome: One group is going west on 14th street

7:43pm - Homegnome: Send in info of your sub-march including arrest alerts to @millionsmarchnyc and we'll try to send out as we can

7:46pm - Homegnome: northbound group on 21st and 5th, t

7:50pm - Homegnome: ground at corner of 17th and union square west are heading south

7:55pm - Amcmen: Spreading downtown on Broadway at 12th

7:59pm - Homegnome: Heading down 14th to 6th. have the street

8:05pm - Homegnome: subgroup on w4th and broadway

8:09pm - Homegnome: Another subgroup on park at 23rd

8:13pm - Homegnome: Text where you are @millionsmarchnyc and where you're heading and we'll share. at least 5 submarches right now

8:20pm - Nevernotever: together at last on 22nd on Broadway

8:21pm - [roommateB]: Hey! Any more recent updates?

8:24pm - Homegnome: One group going north on 7th at 21st heading to 30th on converge

8:28pm - pabsben: Heading south down 5 Ave & 22 at

8:31pm - Homegnome: converge on 7th ave!! three groups just met...getting bigger

8:32pm - [me]: Converge on 7th Ave! 3 groups just met - around 21st st heading to 30th

8:33pm - [roommateB]: Thank you!!

8:34pm - [me]: No prob :) Text me if you need more updates or can't find them

8:35pm - [roommateB]: Thank you! Just stumbled into a horde of cops so I assume I'm on the right path haha

8:37pm - Homegnome: Big group heading up 7th at 27th. keep it tight! more heading to meet

8:51pm - Homegnome: pabsben@millionsmarch Heading south down 5 Ave & 22

8:51pm - Homegnome: Big group is heading up 7th still and growing. ..was just joined by another sub group

8:53pm - Thomasberry: Subgroup on canal heading west

8:55pm - [roommateB]: I still haven't found them! Any other updates?

8:56pm - [roommateB]: Just kidding found them! Haha thank you for all your help!

8:57pm - Ilya-Jalal: Subgroup park and 23 rd at least 3 arrests

9:00pm - Consigliere: Large group on street 6th ave heading north just past 26. Looks like Times Square ahead.

9:03pm - Nialbima: 28th and fifth heading west

9:07pm - Homegnome: Most groups are on 7th converging in high 30s

9:12pm - Homegnome: Another large group: @NYC2Ferguson: 14th & Broadway group heading to converge with march at 22nd and Broadway

9:17pm - Homegnome: large group turning off 7th at 43th heading west

9:22pm - Homegnome: large group headed off 7th down 47th, now at 8th towards Westside highway

9:27pm - Amcmen: Cops in riot gear divided the group at holland tunnel

9:30pm - [me]: Where are you?

9:31pm - Homegnome: Northern group divided and sub group going down 9th

9:35pm - Homegnome: People! be safe! The cops are out to arrest! If you see someone arrested get name and date of birth

9:36pm - [roommateB]: Times Square. It's pretty tense.

9:36pm - [roommateB]: There's a stand off between protesters and police. Where are you?

9:36pm - [me]: Headed to 11th - i think it's tense there too

9:37pm - [me]: Memorize the national lawyers guild number: 2126796018.

9:38pm - [roommateB]: I'm sort of out of the fray at this point. It started to get physical and I got scared. I'm on the side now. But thank you. I really appreciate that.

9:39pm - [roommateB]: How are you and [roommateC]?

9:39pm - [me]: We havent gotten "there" yet - still walking to get there. We' e on 46th and 11th

9:41pm - Homegnome: The cops are pushing and pulling people off the side walk and arresting media

9:41pm - [roommateB]: Okay. I think I'm gonna head home soon. I'm tired and overwhelmed and I'm essentially just a spectator at this point. Please keep me updated on how yall are doing.

9:42pm - [me]: Will do!

9:47pm - Homegnome: sub group at 14th and 6th

9:51pm - Homegnome: sub group at 10th and 4 2nd st.

9:54pm - Homegnome: Keep it tight, the police are dividing and arresting

9:58pm - Marchfreenyc: Group coming from umsq now hitting 15th heading north on 6th Ave to meet rest of group

10:03pm - Homegnome: @NYC2Ferguson: 2000 having standoff with police on Spring and West Side Hwy. Arrests happening.

10:05pm - [roommateB]: Did you find them?

10:06pm - [me]: Yeah, we walked past the cov on the way to time square - police beat one guy but no arrests so far. We're in the middle of the pack - safe

10:08pm - Homegnome: 300 person march heading west on 34th from 7th ave

10:10pm - [roommateB]: I don't know how to express how I'm feeling but I'm glad you guys are safe.

10:14pm - Homegnome: follow @nyc2ferguson -phone needs power. blast out bail fund info! bit.ly/actbail

10:18pm - Homegnome: it you see an arrest get person's name and date of birth and get it to NLG at 212-679-6018. write that number on your body to call from 1pp if arrested. 212-679-6018

10:25pm - [me]: Still safe - marching west on 42nd

10:40pm - [me]: A little less tense now... Walked past the cov and saw [one of our residents at the shelter] in the a lounge, naturally

10:41pm - [roommateB]: Hahaha that makes me smile. Thank you for the updates. I'm home now talking to [roommateD].

10:47pm - Homegnome: 100+ arrests in #NYC tonight. Arrestees being sent to 1 Police Plaza, #Jail Support will be @Park Row and Worth St. Be there!

11:09pm - [me]: Good! We took the streets just now, still doing fine

11:17pm - [roommateA]: Be safe!! I'll see you when I get back from FL!

11:18pm - [me] Lord willing! See you when you're back :)

12:28am - Homegnome: More volunteers needed for #JailSupport for please bring blankets at 1PP (@park row and worth) (tweet out please) If you're looking for friends call 212-679-6018

12:28am - [me]: Finished by nyu... We're walking to the train


#blacklivesmatter
#nyc2baltimore

No comments:

Post a Comment